As Start-up-Services, we wanted to give you an overview of the latest measures of the government to combat the Corona virus in Austria.
Let’s start with the good news – from yesterday onwards (07.04.2020) Tyrol is no longer under quarantine (except 3 communities: Sölden, Paznauntal, St. Anton).
Other measures are the following:
Regulation on wearing masks (since April 1st, 2020)
– It is obligatory for all employees of supermarkets and their customers to wear masks
– Supermarket chains will hand over a mouth and nose protector at the entrance to each person who goes shopping
– From the moment these masks are handed out in front of the supermarkets, it is obligatory to wear them in the supermarket while shopping
General measures that apply throughout Austria
– You can leave your house only
o For going to work (if necessary; if home office is not possible)
o For going to the supermarket, pharmacy, ATM, consultation, medical attendance, therapy
o For supporting the elderly
o For going for a walk, going jogging or for walking the dog
– Duration of measures: Effective from March 16th, 2020 until April 30th, 2020
– Universities, schools and kindergarten are for the time being closed
– Hotels and holiday apartments are closed for tourists until May 15th, 2020 (current state)
– By plane: not possible due to airport closures
– For Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Germany, Hungary and Slovenia a medical certificate is required.
– Third-country nationals can be subjected to a health check at the border and asked about the reason for entry
– All Austrian embassies are closed for normal operation – only emergencies are processed. As soon as the situation has been defused, applications already approved can be issued
– The entry into Tyrol for people with residence in Tyrol is permitted, but you must either
O provide a certificate not older than four days, which confirms Corona negative
O or put yourself for 14 days in self-monitored home quarantine
Ease of Restrictions is being planned
– The opening of shops, with an area of up to 400 sqm, might open up again as well as hardware stores and garden markets (starting April 14th, 2020)
– All shops might be possible to open again as well as shopping malls and hairdresser (under very strict regulations) (starting May 1st, 2020)
– Events will be cancelled until at least until end of June 2020
If those plans will be put into motion, will be discussed at the end of April 2020.
Title Image by Alexander Floßbach from Pixabay